• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Mental Effects of a Fever/The Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhythmSpring

Bluelighter
Hey all

I was wondering if anyone else besides me get's really mentally bleh/odd when I get really sick, like with a fever.

The most recent sickness was the worst, though. I have some mental energy, but I feel like I'm in elementary school again, and stuff is surreal, and old insecurities that had already resolved (or so I thought) are present again. It's so random...

My brain is melting....

My conciousness is altered. In a few ways, like a kinda choppy feeling when moving, it resembles a cannabis high a little. However, the fuzziness and lack of energy far outweighs that. I can still read and type on BL, though.

I think the headache plays a big role in this.

Altered mental state is a common effect of high fevers. Take your temperature and do whatever you can to get the fever under control, as soon as you get this symptom.

Hey all

I was wondering if anyone else besides me get's really mentally bleh/odd when I get really sick, like with a fever.

The most recent sickness was the worst, though. I have some mental energy, but I feel like I'm in elementary school again, and stuff is surreal, and old insecurities that had already resolved (or so I thought) are present again. It's so random...

My brain is melting....
((( The most recent sickness was the worst, though. I have some mental energy, but I feel like I'm in elementary school again, and stuff is surreal, and old insecurities that had already resolved (or so I thought) are present again. It's so random...
My brain is melting.... )))

^^Hey, this stuff occurs when you are healing, it is part of regression, your body and mind is unravelling and goes into integration, high temperature is part and parcel of it. If is concerns you, use some cold compresses temporarily, while you are keeping an eye on your vitals, and keep yourself hydrated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.